This is a compact Raman micro-spectroscopy setup that is completely customizable in the spirit of “Lego-Optics”. Laser spot engineering enables laser spot diameter at the sample focus ranging from 1-30 μm. The depth of focus can be adjusted from ~ 1 μm (for confocal Raman spectroscopy) to 10-100 μm (for flow-cell Raman spectroscopy of liquid samples). Snapshot depth-sensitive Raman spectroscopy (for layered samples such as radiochromic films) is possible using a Bessel beam profile (coming soon) of the excitation 785 nm laser. By means of raster scanning or point-by-point scanning of the microscope stage, this setup enables label-free chemical mapping of specimens for rapid molecular fingerprinting as a function of spatial location.
- Choice of two input lasers at 785 nm that are fiber-coupled: 100 mW, single-mode CW laser (IPS) for 1 mm beam spot diameter, and 500 mW multi-mode CW laser (Ondax) for 10-30 mm beam spot diameter.
- Andor Spectrometer with 4 cm-1 spectral resolution
- Sample format: Liquid or Dry biological cells (live or fixed), solid and liquid tissue such as blood.
- Microscope objectives for excitation and collection: 60X (1.1 NA) water immersion, 40X (0.75 NA) water immersion
- Raman spectroscopic mapping with motorized or piezo-driven scanning stages
We always look forward to hearing from motivated potential collaborators, partners, and trainees.